Sunday, March 30, 2008

Why we do what we do

Keith Boyd www.TrinityNY.org

5Es
Encounter God
Engage Community
Change Agents
Explore
Equip prepare for service
Empower do it
Everyone needs training. Our job is to represent God. Bringing UP THERE down here. We have students of Jesus. Do we have disciples of Jesus? Equipped Change Agents? Do we even know how to study the Bible?
4 kinds of people n the church. Explorers. Trying to figure out who God is. Beginners. Christians- Eager to learn. Friends of Jesus. Satisfied Christians. Christ Centered people. Change agents. Investing in others. Committed. Competent. Know how to point others to Christ. Burning heart. Passion. Creative. Reality.
Know about Jewish customs So you can witness to them. What are you doing right now that is outside your comfort zone? Doing it only because God called you to.
Excuses are not enough.
Do what God asked you to do.
For 20 years, Barbara has "been throwing a coffee party for Jesus" every week and Trinity pays for it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I'm not sure how this blog stuff works... I'm not good with computers :)

    I replied to the e-mail from this morning but I wasn't sure I was supposed to post here instead?

    I am available tomorrow (Tuesday) for a short visit at any point between 8 and 2. Please let me know if that works for you. If not, let me know that too and we can see if something else will work better!

    Thanks,
    -Kyle

    ReplyDelete